Main Media English

Get Latest News, India News, World News at Main Media English

Support Us

Rajasthan phone tapping case: Stay on arrest of Gehlot’s OSD to continue till Dec 8

IANS logo Reported By IANS |
Published On :

New Delhi/Jaipur, Nov 10 (IANS) The Delhi High Court on Friday said that the stay on the arrest of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot’s OSD Lokesh Sharma in connection with the phone tapping case till December 8.

Sharma is also the co-chairman of the Rajasthan unit of Congress Central War Room.

Also Read Story

Empty chairs, forced attendance allegations cast shadow on INDIA bloc’s Delhi rally

Nagaland’s sole LS seat to witness triangular contest in 2024 polls

Odisha Crime Branch busts racket involved in Rs 1.04 cr fraud

IPL 2024: Under-pressure Mumbai Indians hope to shine in home comfort (Preview)

IPL 2024: Sai Sudharsan, David Miller star as clinical Gujarat beat Hyderabad by seven wickets

Viksit Bharat Ambassador meet-up: India is world’s 3rd largest start-up ecosystem today, says I&B Minister Anurag Thakur

Amit Shah chairs meeting of Lok Sabha core committees in Jaipur, holds roadshow in Sikar

IPL 2024: Ishant Sharma back as Delhi Capitals win toss, elect to bat against CSK

Viksit Bharat Ambassador Jaipur meet-up: Participants heap praise on the initiative

A case in connection with the phone tapping matter filed by Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat was listed for hearing in the Delhi High Court at 3 p.m. on Friday. However, the case could not be heard as Justice Vikas Mahajan, who was hearing the case, was unavailable owing to his engagement in a special case.


The next hearing will be held on December 8 at 3 p.m., and the stay on Lokesh Sharma’s arrest will continue till then.

The case could not be heard earlier on November 3 either.

When the case was last heard on October 11, Lokesh Sharma’s lawyer, Siddharth Aggarwal, termed the allegations against him regarding phone tapping as baseless.

On October 11, the arguments from Sharma’s side in the case remained incomplete, which was to be completed on the next date. However, since then, the hearing on the case has been postponed due to various reasons.

In March 2021, Union Minister Shekhawat filed a case against Sharma with the Delhi Police accusing him of phone tapping.

The case was lodged by the Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat in March 2021, while the incident reportedly took place in July 2020.

Lokesh Sharma has been demanding the cancellation of the FIR lodged by the Union Minister.

–IANS

arc/pgh

(This report is auto-generated from IANS news service. 'Main Media' holds no responsibility for its content.)

Get involved in bringing the ground realities of Seemanchal. Click the "Support Us" button to join our membership.

Support Us

Related News

Pawar vs Pawar: A fight for supremacy in Baramati

Rebel Wilson opens up on weight loss journey, says she’s an emotional eater

Shraddha Kapoor asks fans how they wasted 1st quarter of 2024

PM Modi virtually interacts with party workers in Varanasi

AIADMK will ally again with BJP after LS elections, says Chidambaram

PE-VC investments fall by 8 per cent to $6.2 billion in Q1

Cut! Mark Ronson’s role in Amy Winehouse biopic gets axed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *